Friday, November 02, 2007


Feeling Blu

My boss told me about a super one-day-only sale at Wal-Mart: $99 for a
Toshiba HD-DVD player. At that price, how can you go wrong? Entry-
level players are normally $199-$299. Although the format wars
continue, for $99 I was willing to pick a side.

I was worried about the players selling out, so I tool an early lunch
and headed out to Wal-Mart. I was trying to decide which movie rent to test
it out. Thern I remembered that Blockbuster doesn't rent HD-DVD, only
Blu-ray.

Blockbuster is 3 blocks from my home; I don't want to drive farther to
get a video. 95% of my rentals are last-minute decisions; I don't want
to wait for something from Netflix to arrive. In other words, for $99
I'd be able to stress out about finding discs to play on the machine.

I took the next exit off the freeway and went back to work.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
|

Permanent link

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com