Monday, November 05, 2007


Eggciting Halloween

I spent Halloween at a friend's house helping them give out candy. Their street gets blocked off to traffic for a huge Halloween party. We have an official clicker to count the number of trick-or-treaters. This year it was 1,804. That's right, one-thousand, eight hundred and four individual kids.

I had to park about 3 blocks away, and I had a bad vibe about it. My car was pretty close to the corner, and I was worried that if someone turned on to the street too quickly they would hit me. At the end of the evening, I was very happy to return to my car and see that it had not been hit. I was not very happy to see that it had been egged.

I was a little annoyed, but honestly it really wasn't that big a deal. I stopped at the first gas station and wiped the slime off the windshield and the hood. It's just one of those Halloween things, right? Wrong. Somehow, some of the egg dripped under the hood into the engine. The vents pull air in from the engine, and now the inside of my car smells like egg. It's gross. I had the car washed, still sinks.

Not to do any kind of profiling, but I assume the perp was a teen male. I'm giving the benefit of the doubt and assume that he probably didn't intend to cause this much trouble. He just wanted to smash an egg, and I understand. It's fun to smash eggs. But I wish I could meet him, sit him down and explain to him all the frustration he has caused so that he could understand the consequences of his actions.

And then beat the living shit out of him.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
|

Permanent link

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com