Wednesday, August 01, 2007


Oceanic 815

I called Delta Airlines today to speak with a human being about my lost luggage. the clueless representative had no information for me. None. I asked if should could tell me if my luggage made it on to the flight out of Albany; if it didn't, then at least I could send my cousin to the airport to look for it. Delta had no idea. She told me that bags are only scanned when they arrive at their destination.

Huh?

Why would you scan a bag AFTER it arrives? Don't you scan the luggage at the DEPARTURE city so you know what plane it should go on? Whatever. But then the Delta rep actually told me that my bag was not lost. I had to tell her, "well, I'm here, my luggage isn't, I don't know where it is, YOU don't know where it is, it sounds pretty lost to me." Here is her logic:

A bag can't be in the system until it gets scanned. My bag was never scanned, so therefore it is not lost. When it gets scanned, then it will be in the system and can be declared "lost". My feeling is that if somebody scans my bag, that means it is "found".

It's kinda like Jerry Seinfeld getting a car reservation.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
|

Permanent link

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com