Wednesday, August 08, 2007


Land of the Lost

It's been about 10 days since I've seen my luggage. I don't think it's coming back.

I have to fill out a "Passenger Property Loss Claim" with Delta. There are tons of restrictions. For starters, they won't cover any electronics at all. Period. If any item is more than $250 (like my eyeglasses) I need to show a receipt. Do you think I have a receipt for eyeglasses I bought 5 years ago? They also have a maximum reimbursement, based upon weight, although I'm not sure how much it is. It is on the order of $10-$20 per pound, which means my 45 pound bag is worth - at most - $900.

I have to list the complete contents of my bag. For each item, I have to give a description, cost new, and purchase date. Some items are simple: Electric razor, $60, Jan. 2007. But should I put down "8 pairs of underwear, $40, 1986?"

Comments:
I don't think you should even mention it here!!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home
|

Permanent link

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com