Monday, July 30, 2007


Emotional Baggage

I spent the week on vacation back East. I had a pretty tight connection coming back through Atlanta. I made it; my luggage did not. Typically, this is not a big deal. The airline just sends your baggage on the next flight and it gets delivered to your home when it arrives. It's a bit of a nuisance, but that's all. In this case however, my bag is over 24 hours late. The airline has no information on its location at all.

I'm not so worried about losing my dirty socks and underwear. The problem is that I packed my laptop and my new digital SLR camera in there as well. I don't want to hear the lecture; I know you're supposed to take valuable electronics with you as carry-on. But I have been delayed many, many times making connecting flights, and if you have to lug a laptop around an airport for 4 hours it becomes a big pain in the ass.

I feel so helpless about it, there's nothing I can do, and I can't help but play the "if only I kept it with me..." speech in my head over and over. It's making me sick.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
|

Permanent link

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com