Wednesday, January 17, 2007


Brokerback Mountain

I'm trying to refinance my mortgage. I have a mortgage broker. I would much rather deal with a real person sitting at a desk rather than a stranger's voice on the telephone, but that's the way it is. And my concerns seem to be valid: He sent me loan papers to sign. My birthdate is incorrect. Not a big deal. But in addition, the address of the property is wrong. It's listed in a different city. The amount of cash back to me is off by $10,000. The loan amount is calculated as if the financing fees are being incorporated into the loan AND that I'm paying them separately.

I felt that there were enough mistakes in the documents that he should send me new copies. He said I just sign them, send them back and he'd make the changes afterwards. I told him I wasn't comfortable with that, and he told me "this happens all the time, it's not a big deal." That's what the last mortgage guy told me, before denying my loan because "oh, we don't do high-rises."

This IS a big deal. If I'm supposed to be signing documents, isn't is reasonable to expect them to be accurate?

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
|

Permanent link

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com