Monday, December 11, 2006


Stinky Film Festival

I went to the "First Glance Film Festival" in Hollywood this weekend, where a friend of mine had a short. Great film, he's the next Scorses, blah blah blah... The interesting thing to me is what happened before the films started.

I was one of the first people in the theater (natch). We had a group of about 15 people and I knew we needed to hold quite a few seats. I sat down, tossed my jacket over a few seats... and smelled B.O.

Now you know the problem with BO: you can never tell if it's you. I hadn't smelled it before I sat down, but I had been wearing my (light) coat all night. Had the coat been protecting me from my own odor all this time? Or was it one of the people in the row in front of me with the BO?

I didn't want to take any chances. As more of our people came in and were holding seats, I left for the men's room where I ran into my Guest Of Honor Director friend. Fortunately, he was on his way out so he didn't see me 10 seconds later trying to bathe in damp paper towels while sniffing my pits. But I couldn't smell anything, so I was thinking maybe it was my jacket that stunk.

I went back in the theater where our seats were being shuffled around a bit and my jacket got handed down a few seats. I discreetly tried to give it a snort; nothing. Now that I was 5 or 6 seats away from the people originally sitting in front of me I couldn't smell anything, so I am convinced it was them, not me.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
|

Permanent link

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com