Friday, December 22, 2006


Certifiable

I received a notice that I had a piece of Certified Mail waiting for me at the post office. This could have been one of many things: I ordered a gift for someone online from a small internet vendor, and it's possible they would have sent it Certified. Or maybe someone sent me a present. Or, most likely, I am trying to refinance my mortgage (with complications) and there could be papers requiring my signature. In any case, I thought it was important to pick it up as soon as possible.

This goes without saying, but it's not a great idea to go to the post office with only 2 more mail days before Christmas. It's hard to park, the lines are very long, and it's just not a fun place to be. But like I said, this was important. And what was this cruicial piece of mail? It is a "General permit authorization notification" letting me know that somebody wants to install a septic system 2 blocks from my mother's house in New Jersey, in a "freshwater wetlands transition area". I am listed as an "interested party" on the deed to my mother's house, so this guy was required by law to notify me.

Thanks for messing up my shopping schedule, Mr. Frey. By all means, if you want to dump your poop in the wetlands, knock yourself out.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
|

Permanent link

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com