Monday, November 06, 2006


Splish Splash, I was throwing out trash

(This photo is a staged re-creation:)



For the past few weeks, this over-filled trash basket has been sitting on the sink in my guest bedroom. I live alone, I don't have many visitors, and there was just no compelling reason to empty it. I had some people come over yesterday, so I finally had to empty it. I turned over the basket to dump the trash into a plastic bag. As it turns out, the basket was not filled with trash but with water. The only garbage was the piece of plastic floating on top. I dumped the water all over the sink, the floor and my pants.



Now here's the odd thing: for the life of me, I can't remember why I had a basket of water sitting on the sink. I would use a basket to catch a leak somewhere, but I don't recall having one. I use wastebaskets when cleaning out the fish tank, but usually use much larger ones.

I have no idea why I filled the bucket with water and put trash on top in the first place, but I'm sure it made perfect sense at the time.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
|

Permanent link

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com