Thursday, November 30, 2006


Don't See Saw

A few weeks ago I rented the horror film "Saw". I liked it a lot. It's about a psycho who puts people in impossible situations: he may chain your foot to the wall and give you saw which isn't strong enough to cut the chain, but IS strong enough to cut through your ankle. Do you escape?

I then rented Saw II, which was good but a little more derivitive (the horror film cliche of having a group of people being killed off one by one). There were a lot of rough, gory scenes to sit through. Painful to watch. I resorted to holding my hand in front of my face so I'd only see 1/4 of the screen at a time. That night I had one of my worst nightmares ever: my 5 week-old-son was kidnapped, and my friends were helping the kidnappers. Which is especially scary since I don't even have any kids. I woke up in the middle of the night feeling a sort of panicked rage. The last time I had a nightmare that bad was after watching Blue Velvet.

I'm looking forward to renting Saw III.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
|

Permanent link

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com