Thursday, August 17, 2006


Gets my blood boiling

We had free cholesterol screenings at work yesterday. I've always had good cholesterol readings. When I had my surgery 3 years ago, I was 176. We had another screening just 2 months ago and I was in the 150s. Yesterday, they told me I was 239.

No. Freakin'. Way.

240 is considered "extreme risk". I told the nurse that either they made a mistake, or that the test was skewed because of the butter sandwich I just ate. She wasn't hearing any of that. instead she kept telling me that I should schedule an appointment with my doctor to get more blood work done. I don't think so.

Now had they done my blood pressure at the time, THEN maybe they'd have something on me. But a cholesterol reading of 239? No.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
|

Permanent link

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com