Sunday, April 30, 2006


Daddy Needs a New Pair of Shoes

I went to Las Vegas for Travis and Kim's wedding. (yay!) The ceremony was at The Venetian at 4:00; I was supposed to be there at 3:30. I was staying at the much-more-affordable Frontier hotel, which is at most a 10-minute cab ride away. Around 2:30, I hopped in the shower to freshen up. I put on my slacks, my nicely-pressed shirt, a sharp tie and my jacket. To be honest, Mister P. was looking good. I went to put on my dress shoes only to discover that I had only packed one of them.

Crap.

I had to be at a wedding in 40 minutes and only had one shoe. Fortunately, there was a Nordstrom's a block away. I threw on my trusty Pumas and hurried off to the store. Let me tell you, it's tough to rush around Las Vegas in a suit without breaking a sweat. I hurried into the shoe department and said "I need to be at a wedding in a half-hour and I don't have any shoes." The first thing I did was have the sales-lady take a picture of me in my Puma's (which is actually not a bad look.) She then quickly brought me 3 pairs in my size to choose from. Only one pair was my style (i.e. boring) so I put them on and said "I don't have time to be too picky, so these should be just fine. How much are they?" "Three hundred ninety-five dollars."

Oh. Well I suppose I wasn't in that much of a hurry.

I had the nice sales-lady bring me back some more shoes and I chose a far more reasonable pair. I caught a cab and made it to the wedding pretty much right on time.



One caveat: I did not own a pair of dress shoes (well, not ones that aren't scuffed to death anyway) so it wasn't a complete waste of money.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
|

Permanent link

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com