Monday, March 06, 2006


Fish Tale

I'm not sure how, but I've managed to keep 3 little Tetra fish alive for almost 2 years now. They lost 2 of their buddies, but these guys are troopers. I feel bad saying this, but I sort of hate my fish. Here's the problem: You buy fish so you can watch them swim back and forth and go along with their little fishy lives. But my fish are paranoid cowards. When I first come into the room, I see them dancing happily all around the tank. But as soon as I start to get closer they swim and hide underneath the sunken bridge. Many times I don't even know if all 3 are alive because I can't even find them. Since I am essentially their 'god', I could easily take out the bridge and all the plants and force them to be on display. But ultmimately I want them to be happy so if they like having little hiding places, they can keep them.

I went away for the weekend and set them up with an automatic feeder. It's a round disk that rotates every 12 hours and dumps food into the tank. Unfortunately, I mounted it right above the air bubbler, which splashed water up inside and clogged it. So they didn't get any food this weekend.

No wonder my fish hate me.

Comments:
Thanks for the laugh.

Maybe your fish are just bowing to you in respect!

Bow back.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home
|

Permanent link

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com