Wednesday, February 22, 2006


Giddy-up

There are many movies which I just know I'm not going to like. But if they are popular enough, or get enough awards, or if the Academy goes crazy for them, then I think they are important movies to see, if for no other reason than their cultural significance. So last night, I finally saw one such film. The cowboy movie.

Let me start with the obvious: do these guys really look like cowboys to you? They're just a couple of pretty-boy actors. Think of Jack Palance in City Slickers: leathery skin, burned out from hard living...now THAT'S a cowboy.

There was some nice scenery. Sure. And I understand that the most important aspect of the movie is the relationship between the two men. Fine. But it just seemed so slow-moving to me. They're partners. I get it. Now can they just go and do something other than wander through the hills together?

I'm sure it's a very well-made film. Maybe even an important film. But I'm sorry, I just feel that Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid is vastly overrated.

Comments:
Didn't you already do this joke? Or will this be a running theme?
 
Oh Yoshi... I don't know how to quit you.
 
You deserve to be let down if you only succumb to things because they're "popular".
 
Post a Comment

<< Home
|

Permanent link

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com