Sunday, January 22, 2006


WoW, what great skiing

Dutch and I took a ski trip to Mammoth this weekend. I've always had a thing against Mammoth, and I'm not sure why. It might be that I resent the fact that Southern Californians simply assume that they have the best Ski Mountain in the world. The thing about Mammoth is that most of it is very open. Many people really enjoy wide open bowl skiing where you can go wherever you want, but I prefer more well-defined trails. Well this weekend we also went to nearby June Mountain, and I have to say I was impressed. It is much smaller than Mammoth and the terrain isn't as challenging, but it had lots of long, tree-lined trails to explore. I'm not sure what it was, but June just seemed to have more charm than Mammoth.

Conditions were absolutely fantastic both days. they had a recent storm, and the snow was light and deep. I'm sure you'd love to see a photo from the weekend, so here it is: two dorks in a hotel room playing World of Warcraft on wireless laptops while watching Austin Powers.


Comments:
That is a sad, sad picture. Thanks for sharing! :)

ally
 
Post a Comment

<< Home
|

Permanent link

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com