Thursday, December 29, 2005


Five things that may surprise you about the way I fly

1. I prefer not to arrive early to airport
If I have time to kill in the airport, I will obsess over buying snacks, newspapers, and magazines to keep me occupied during the flight. I'm really OK getting to the airport 1 hour or even 45 minutes before the flight.

2. I feel safest under 5,000 feet
Take-off and landing are by far the most dangerous parts of a flight. Yet that's when I feel safest. My feeling is that's when the pilots are (or should be) paying most attention to safety. Also, if there is some sort of a problem with the plane, I prefer to be close to an airport rather than 500 miles out to sea.

3. Babies don't bother me
I don't care in the slightest if the baby behind me is wailing is widdle head off the entire flight. If I can hear him, that means we haven't crashed. If nothing else, it's a distraction from being 38,000 feet in the air.

4. I read
In-flight movie screens often flicker or the audio will keep dropping out. I often prefer to read a book. Again, it's a distraction.

5. I eat most of the meal
All of the flavors are touching eachother and it's often too spicy, but at least eating the meal is something to do.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
|

Permanent link

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com