Wednesday, November 09, 2005


Thank you, California

I did a bad thing yesterday. I went to the polls as an uneducated citizen and blindly voted "NO" on all of the Propositions. It was my way of making a statement that I don't like the system that puts Propositions on ballots in the first place. It seems like if you have enough money, you can get something on the ballot and then you force other organizations to spend millions of dollars which they don't have to try to fight it. My feeling is that if fewer Propositions pass, people will be less likely to propose them in the future.

Turns out, for whatever motives, California voted down ALL of the propositions, including the four our Governor was pushing. It's nice to see the Austrian Oaf knocked down another peg.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
|

Permanent link

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com