Saturday, August 13, 2005


Flight Excite

I can never fly again.

I am at 37,000 feet on my way to Orlando. I pretty much only fly Delta, because they have the lowest "Flight Fatality Events" of the major airlines. (Yes, Quantas, Southwest & JetBlue are better, but they don't go to DisneyWorld easily.) Anyway, through the Frequent Flyer program I got a free upgrade to First Class.

Oh. My. God.

It's true, rich people ARE better than the rest of us. I'm getting juice and hot towels and extra butter for my bagel. Leaning back in my seat, I can not reach the seat in front of me. Somehow, even the turbulence seems less. The flight attendents keep coming back asking me if I want more drinks or snacks... I believe I am the only person on the plane downing Animal Crackers with a White Wine chaser.

Sadly, I will be packed in with the commoners on the way back.

Perhaps I am not afraid of flying after all; I'm just afraid of the riff-raff.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
|

Permanent link

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com