Saturday, March 12, 2005


Geeks on parade

I went to the "Sci-Fi Summit" in Pasadena this weekend, basically a huge
Star Trek/Science Fiction convention. It's a little depressing to be in a room with 400 dorks and realizing "these are my people", but what can you do?

They had a HUGE range of celebrities on board, from Mark Hammill to Bob May (the guy who played the Robot in Lost In Space.) I didn't really have anything to say to most of these people, but I did stop by one table and had a conversation that went a little something like this:

Me: Hi, I'm a fan of your blog.
Wil Wheaton*: Really? Thanks.
Me: I work at Disney, and my boss has all of us blogging.
WW: Mike Pusateri?
Me: Yeah, that's him.
WW: He's a great guy
Me: Yes he is. So anyway...
WW: He seems to really know his stuff.
Me: Yes, he sure does. Very smart. So...
WW: I mean, I don't really know him well, but whenever I hear from him he just seems like he's a wonderful person.
Me: Yes. Wonderful.
WW: He's such a handsome man too.

OK, so maybe I embellished a bit at the end. But Wil Wheaton is in fact a big fan of the Cruft Man, and I can't think of higher praise.

*Wil Wheaton played Ensign Wesley Crusher on Star Trek: The Next Generation

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
|

Permanent link

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com