Monday, January 17, 2005


Welcome to Wally World

Today I drove up with Dutch to Mt. Baldy to go skiing. I had to do a lot of preparation this weeked: I needed a new pair of gloves (I accidently inverted the inner lining on my old pair), I needed new goggles (I accidently smashed my old pair into a tree last year) and to be smart, I rented skiis at a local shop last night so we wouldn't be delayed at the mountain.

It was a super easy drive, we were at the mountain in just 1 hour. It took us about 20 minutes to park, get suited up, and head to the ticket booth. Only to discover that the mountain was closed because of high winds. Crud. We went back "into town" (which was made up of a closed diner, a shed selling plastic sleds, and a one room visitor center) for about an hour, just to kill time. We tried again at 10:30, but the mountain was still closed so we drove back home. Got back home around noon, went online and found out the winds had died down and they were open again.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
|

Permanent link

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com