Monday, January 31, 2005


My friend had a baby this weekend. Yay.

They were scheduled to do a C-section early Saturday morning. The new in-thing with babies is to save all the stem cells from the cord blood so you can create a clone army a few years down the road. I was assigned the task of receiving the blood package form the doctor (cleanly packaged in a box) and then call the courier to have him pick it up. Bottom line, I had to be at the hospital at 7 am.

It was about 5:55 when I was getting ready to leave that I realized I couldn't find my wallet. This is not uncommon for me. The problem was that the hospital had a 10 dollar parking fee, and I thought it would be kind of tacky to ask the new father for money to get my car out of the garage. I found a wrapped roll of $10 in quarters, then grabbed all the loose change I could fine in case I needed to grab something to eat. Then my friend calls me and asks if I can pick up orange juice so we can have mermosas to celebrate. Now I need another 10 dollars to stop by the store. I had no choice but to run into work and hope that my wallet was there. I did and it was.

Baby fine, mother fine, DNA chillin' on ice.

This is me rushing to get the fresh blood off to the courier:


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
|

Permanent link

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com