Sunday, April 25, 2004




New running sneakers: $89
Digital watch with lap timer: $29
Scarfing down Mountain Dew and Snickers after your first 5K: Priceless.

The Run Hit Wonder was today. Biggest problem: getting up at 5 am. You may not believe this, but there is a time in the morning when there is no sunlight. I was not aware of this.

The odd think about a 5k/10k run with 20k people is that when the announcer yells "GO!", nothing happens. Oh, maybe people at the front of the line start moving, but the rest of us just get stuck in the mob. It took me and Brad about 3 minutes just to cross the starting line.

I have to say I was a little disappointed with the bands. You could only hear them for about a minute, and when I passed Flock of Seagulls they were playing some song I never heard of. Dudes, you're Flock of Seagulls. You're at a RUN. Just play "I Ran" over and over and over again. That's all we want. I got to hear a little bit of Tone Luc doing Funky Cold Medina, that is until their sound system went out.

I was shooting for a time of around 33 minutes. I thought that would be a good first 5k for me. I wound up clocking in at 28:49, which I don't mind saying I am quite pleased with. The question now is if this was a one-run-wonder for me, or if I will continue to run. Right now, all I know is that those Oreos are looking mighty good.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
|

Permanent link

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com