Friday, April 02, 2004


Lost in Translation

This movie got a lot of great press during Oscar season. In the midst of all the Bill Murray statues being erected and all the parades and gala banquets honoring the film, one little detail fell by the wayside: THE MOVIE SUCKS!

This is one of the most boring films I have never seen. You know how Seinfeld was "a show about nothing"? Well, that wasn't exactly true because something wacky DID happen every week. But Lost In Translation truly is "a movie about nothing". Nothing happens during the movie. OK, we do get to sit through 5 minutes of people singing karaoke, and another 5 minutes of people walking through a video arcade. Riveting stuff.

I've heard that the movie is a comedy. I swear to you, I laughed more in Passion Of The Chris. I'm not kidding, there actually is an intentionally funny scene in Passion.

I don't blame the film. Boring, stupid movies get made all the time. But I resent it when the media and the masses jump on the bandwagon and go gaga over a "trendy" film which everyone knows is just plain awful.


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
|

Permanent link

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com