Thursday, January 01, 2004


I'm almost too mortified to type this, I'd rather just forget.

I was at a New Year's Eve party last night and speaking to a woman ("Kelly") I've met a few times before. She is an absolute saint: she took in a teenage couple and their 2-year old daughter to live with her to help them get on their feet. The little girl was at the party, and was as cute as could be. I blew up some balloons for her and she was running around the room with them in complete delight. When Kelly told me the little girl was only 2, I was surprised. I said "Only two? She's so open and friendly I assumed she'd be uglier." UGLIER?! I said "uglier" instead of "older". I have no idea where that came from. I corrected myself and tried to recover, but at that point there was really nothing I could do.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
|

Permanent link

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com