Monday, November 03, 2003


Phabulous Phone

A friend from college was in town on business and wanted to see the big Halloween festivities, so we went to West Hollywood Friday night. It was pouring rain, and I was cold, wet, and miserable.

At some point in the evening, I lost my cel phone. It fell out of its clip or something, and was gone. I was more worried about it actually being found, than having to relpace it. I envisioned some drag queen finding it, callling one of the speed dials, and having some senior executive get this call:

"Hi there, this is Candy Apple, I found Mike's cel phone, I'll just leave it at the Lusty Leatherman for him to come pick it up."

I would have had some 'splainin to do. (Not that there's anything wrong with that.)

Sure enough, when I got home there was a message from Bob on my home answering machine. Some woman (so he thinks) called him from my phone. Fortunately, she just left it at the Coffee Beanery.

There are still good people in the world.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
|

Permanent link

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com