Wednesday, November 12, 2003




My old car is dead-dead. Engine seized up. It can't run, it can't be fixed. I left it at the garage a month ago, and they told me it was no problem leaving it there until I figured out what to do with it. The garage is not in a nice part of town, and they had a parking lot full of dead cars so I wasn't feeling too guilty about leaving it there.

I just got notice in the mail that my car was towed away October 27th and will be going up for sale on December 8th. I am responsible for towing, processing, and storage fees, which is currently $500 and increasing $25 a day.

It will cost me $500, plus more towing, just to bring the car to a junkyard.

I have been going to this same garage for about 5 years. they've done a lot of work on it. When I called them to drop off the car, the guy recognized my voice: "Oh, you're the guy with the blue Firebird". They knew my car intimately. They knew me as a customer. I don't even want to know how many thousands of dollars of business I have given them over the years. I think at the very least they could have given me a phone call asking that I remove my car.

I don't even know how to begin to solve this problem.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
|

Permanent link

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com