Wednesday, September 03, 2003


One for the medical books

Hypochondriacs should not be allowed on the internet.

Several people have recently told me that I am getting some dark splotches on my face, something other than sunburn. After accurately diagnosing my hernia, I knew I could figure out what was wrong with me so I started researching skin disorders.

Melanoma is a precursor to cancer, and shows up as mole-like blemishes on the skin. Thankfully, I don't have those. Rosacea is a blemish on the face, but it is reddish in color and looks similar to acne. That's not it. Then there's Melasma. It is characterized by a darkening of portions of the skin from a tan to dark brown color. It shows up particularly on the cheeks. It often appears in a symmetrical pattern on both sides of the face. That's it! That's what I must have.

What causes Melasma? It's primarly caused by hormonal changes during pregnancy. So not only do I have a skin disorder, but I'm pregnant as well.

I read it on the internet. It must be true.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
|

Permanent link

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com