Sunday, September 07, 2003


I realize this doesn't sound very patriotic but...

Families of the victims of 9/11 are starting to make a stink about Ground Zero being sacred ground and that developers shouldn't be putting stores or train stations in the area. I'm sorry for their loss, but I think we need to reel them in a bit. When a mother loses her son in a car accident, is her loss any less that the 9/11 families? I don't think so, and she doesn't get to declare that street corner as sacred ground.

I believe that eventually there will be a very beautiful and appropriate memorial at the new World Trade Center and I'm sure the families will get to provide plenty of input. We all lose loved ones, it sucks for everyone, but they are already getting FAR more a tribute than any of us could hope for. Let the victims rest in quiet dignity, and let progress move forward.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
|

Permanent link

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com