Saturday, August 02, 2003


Kim and Travis came over today to go swimming. I popped my Vicodin before they arrived, and once I got into the water I was swimming and stretching and doing flips in the water and everything was great. I laid out in the sun for a while, then rolled over (have to be careful not to burn, ya know) and YEEEE-OOOOWWWWWW!!! I hit or stretched something and got whallopped with the worst pain I've felt in a week. I keep getting these painful reminders that maybe I'm not as recovered as I think I am.

The medical tape is starting to fall off (which I'm told is OK) and I'm starting to get a better view of the scar. I saw my first glimpse of an actual stitch today, and I don't understand it. There is a 1-inch piece of string sticking out of my skin, but it doesn't seem to go anywhere. My concept of stitches is that they go in-and-out, in-and-out, and that's how they keep the skin held together. So I guess these are internal stitches? Is that possible? I don't understand how the doctor could have sewed me up that way, and now I'm starting to worry about how he's gonna remove it. From what I can see, the only way he can take out the stitches would be to grab hold of the one end and start pulling. Ouch. I get chills just thinking about it. That will be Monday's adventure.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
|

Permanent link

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com