Sunday, August 03, 2003


Big Day Out

I made a bold move and wandered into town on my own today. There is a bus stop 2 blocks from home and I can take a bus which drops me off 2 blocks from Circuit City. It's usually a pretty easy way to get around town. By the time I was done shopping, I was pretty much physically exhausted so I started walking back to the bus stop. After about a block, I was basically taking tiny baby steps and I was feeling pressure on my scar. It was getting harder and harder to walk, so I wandered into (horrors!) a book store and had to sit down on the floor for a while to regain my strength.

After a while I continued my voyage. It was a slow and steady walk, but mostly painless. I saw the bus driving up to the stop, so I picked up the pace a bit and the driver waited a few extra seconds for me to get there. As soon as he drove off, he took a turn and started driving back the way I came - I got on the wrong bus. I immediately told the driver, but thanks to the strict "no unscheduled stops" policy, I was driven 3 blocks away from where I needed to be and had to make the journey all over again. Ugh.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
|

Permanent link

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com