Thursday, July 31, 2003


These nurses are going to be the death of me.

I called my doctor's office to find out what I'm supposed to do when my Vicodin runs out. Should I have the prescription refilled? Should I try Ibuprofin? I got transferred back and forth between three people who were of no help at all.

"do you want a refill?"
"I don't WANT a refill, I want to know if it's OK to try something else or if I have to worry about side effects."
"Hold on.... Just get the prescription refilled."
"OK, I can't drive, so if I can use Ibuprophin that would be easier."
"There's no one who can pick up the prescription for you?"
"That's not the point. The point is that I don't know what medication I'm supposed to be taking. I don't know what I'm supposed to be worrying about. You guys are the doctors, you're supposed to be telling me what I need to do."
"Hold on.... You can try Ibuprophin."
"And if that doesn't work?"
"Then you can have your pharmacist call us to approve a refill."
"Are you open during the weekend?"
"no"
"So I'll need to switch to Ibuprophin now, to see if it works by tomorrow, in case I need to get the Vicodin refilled?
"I guess."

I don't think I'm asking for too much. All I want is for people to DO THEIR JOB. I'm their patient, you'd think they want to at least give the illusion of caring.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
|

Permanent link

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com