Sunday, July 20, 2003


One in a million shot

Well here's something that doesn't happen every day. I have an old AC car adapter I wanted to try - the kind you plug it into your cigarette lighter and it gives you an outlet to use. Now if you're like me, and who isn't, you don't have cigarette ashes in your ash tray. Instead, it is filled up with change, candy wrappers, and other assorted trinkets.

I removed the lighter plug from the ashtray, and somehow a thumbtack from the overfilled ashtray fell into the socket. As I try to remove it, a dime fell in and managed to slide underneath the thumbtack and land flat on the bottom of the lighter plug. Then as I tried to remove both of those, a metal wrapper from a Cadbury Cream Egg fell in. Mmmm... Cadbury Cream Egg... I don't know if it was the dime or the thumbtack or the wrapper, but something completed a circuit somewhere and ZAP! There was a bright spark and flash of light, and I blew out the fuse to my radio.

The socket for a cigarette lighter is only about 1/8 inch wider than a dime. You'd be amazed how difficult it is to remove a dime from it.



Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
|

Permanent link

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com