Saturday, July 26, 2003


I'm Alive

I had my hernia surgery Wednesday - I mean for my "himnia".

Bill Cosby has a classic stand-up routine where he explains the pain his wife went through during childbirth. He describes it like this:

"Imagine taking your bottom lip, and pulling it up over your head."

I hate to compare my experience to the miracle of life, but with all due respect to Mr. Cosby perhaps I could describe how I feel this way:

"Imagine taking your scrotum, and pulling it up over your head."

I'm on about a 6-hour cycle with my Vicodin, so if I get a good night's sleep it could be 8 or 9 hours between pills. That's far too long, and I become almost completely immobile. I feel OK lying down, but when I try to walk it's like I can feel the internal stitches tearing apart. In the back of my mind, I was sort of thinking that I'd be mostly back on feet within a week; not even close.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
|

Permanent link

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com