Tuesday, July 15, 2003


DMV trip

The world does not need another blog entry about how awful the DMV is. So instead of just complaining, I'll offer a solution. They should have a $10 express window that guarantees service within 30 minutes. Of the 200 or so people waiting with me at the DMV today, there is no doubt in my mind that at least 20 would gladly pay the fee. The money would easily pay for additional staffing, people who pay the 10 bucks would be thrilled they don't have to wait 2 hours, and those people would be removed from the line of people who would rather not pay. Everybody wins.

Also, the DMV had a posted wait time of 30 minutes. It took 45 minutes for me just to get a number that would let me wait in a second, 1 hour holding pattern. By extension, I think that the posted speed limit of 65 mph means we should be able to do about 120.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
|

Permanent link

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com