Thursday, June 12, 2003


Redneck White & Blue

I heard a way-over-the-top patriotic rock/country song today. The music was so generic and the lyrics so far out there that I thought I was listening to a Mark & Brian song parody. So I listened, waiting for the big punchline, when I realized "good God, they're SERIOUS!" It talks about paying taxes, and brothers and fathers dying for the flag, and if people don't like it "they can git the hell out!"

It turns out I was listening to the new Lynard Skynard song. It goes a little something like this: "My hair's turning white, my neck's always been red, my collar's still blue". Look, I realize Lynard Skynard is an American rock institution, but it ain't 1975 no mo'. Dudes, seriously, stick to Sweet Home Alabama.


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
|

Permanent link

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com