Monday, June 30, 2003


No Left Turn

In our parking garage at work, we're only allowed to make right-hand turns. I don't make the rules, but that's what the white arrows on the ground tell us to do. Sometimes when you reach the bottom of a ramp, you see a parking space to the left within 40-50 feet. You have to turn left to get to it, but it's only a quicky, and everybody does it. I'm not saying that makes it OK, but it's not a federal offense. Today, I took the quick left.

I parked my car, and "Right-turn Rita" pulled up behind me in an SUV, scowling. I intentionally took an extra long time gathering my things together, hoping she would go away. She didn't. I got out of my car, and Right-turn Rita let into me.

"I want you to know that you're NOT supposed to turn left but because YOU didn't care you took the space that I was going to park in and just because OTHER people do it doesn't give YOU the right to turn there..."

I calmly and pointedly asked her "would you like me to move my car so you can park here?"

"No, I don't want you to move your car, I want you to never do it again."

Again, "would you like me to move my car?"

"No!" Right-turn Rita drove off, foaming at the mouth.

I moved my car anyway, in the hopes that she would get a lousy parking spot and then see that I had given up my spot for her.

What a -----.


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
|

Permanent link

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com