Friday, June 06, 2003


Film Festival

My Old Friend Travis (formerly known as My New Friend Travis) has been horrified at how many classic movies I have not seen. To rectify this injustice, last night we started a Film Festival of movies I need to see. We watched Big Trouble in Little China. Hated it. Maybe hate is a strong word, but I certainly disliked it.

My Old Friend Travis is a movie buff, and I have been seeing more and more films with him over the past year. As it turns out, there are quite a few movies I have disliked recently. Using the TiVo rating system of giving Thumbs Up or Thumbs Down for movies, here are some of the movies I've seen with my ratings, sorted by movies I have seen with My Old Friend Travis, and without My Old Friend Travis.



If we add point for every Thumbs Up, and subtract one point for every Thumbs Down, the overall score for movies I have seen with My Old Friend Travis is -2, or Two Thumbs Down. The score for movies without My Old Friend Travis is +4, or Four Thumbs Up.

The math does not lie. Obviously the problem is not that I don't like movies, but rather that I don't like My Old Friend Travis.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
|

Permanent link

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com