Sunday, June 29, 2003


The Divine Punchclock

I went to church today and was astounded and how late people can be. When the service started at 12:00 (yes, noon, how hard is it to arrive on time at noon?!) I'd say the joint was probably 75% empty. At 12:10, it was probably half full, and at 12:20 it was almost standing room only. At 12:30, I was still watching people come forward to fill in the last remaining seats.

What is wrong with these people? I don't understand the group dynamic which explains why literally hundreds of people were so late. Are they just coming for the free crackers? I showed up on time, and I don't want to have to slide down for you or have you climb over me. I'm sure these are the same people who come late to movies. If you do arrive late for a movie, you have a 10-minute buffer because of previews, but then SKIP THE POPCORN. If you're running that late, your lazy ass could probably afford to skip the butter anyway.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
|

Permanent link

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com