Monday, May 19, 2003


Why I hate Los Angeles

About 6 months ago, I noticed a new storefront going up just 2 blocks from my house. It was called "The Final Frontier". A giant 15 foot model of the Starship Enterprise hung above the entrance, and the signs on the glass promised Sci-Fi toys and hobbies. This was to be the Greatest Store Evar, and it was walking distance from home.

Sadly, a couple weeks after the model went up, the would-be store disappeared. Apparently the owner lost the lease or couldn't come up with the payments to open up the store.

Fast-forward to this weekend, when I took my cousin's kids to see Daddy Day Care. In the movie, "The Final Frontier" is an old store the daddies want to buy to open up their day care center.

The Greatest Store Evar was nothing but a fictional set for a kiddie movie. I hate L.A.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
|

Permanent link

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com