Sunday, May 25, 2003


People in check-out lines are idiots, exampe #47

In my entire life, I don't think I've consumed 16 ounces of coffee. It might be less than 8 ounces. I am not a coffee drinker, but I have friends who drink it. I've seen people on TV drink coffee. So I understand the basics of how the drink works. You get a cup with black liquid in it, you optionally dump in some sugar and milk and mix.

I was in the checkout line at the supermarket and the woman in front of me puts a bag of brown sugar on the counter. She asks the cashier "is this for coffee?"

"Pardon?"

"Do you put this is coffee?"

"Well, usually people use granulated sugar for coffee"

"This IS sugar."

"That's brown sugar. That's mostly used for baking. You use white sugar in coffee."

"But is this sweet?"

"Yeah, that's why it's used for baking cookies and things. But granulated sugar... the white sugar... disolves better."

"But I could still use this in coffee?"

"I suppose so."

Brown sugar may very well be absolutely delicious in coffee. But you'd think you would figure that out BEFORE you got in line.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
|

Permanent link

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com