Friday, January 24, 2003


I can ride Choo-Choo all by myself

After literally hours of searching over the past few days, I found my ticket for the expired registration on my car. My court date was set for Monday, January 27. It was too late to mail it in; I had to go to the L.A. courthouse. The past few weeks have been rather stressful, so I thought I would take the train downtown. You may ask yourself "why would you use L.A. mass transit to reduce stress?!" For one thing, driving into downtown during rush hour is no picnic. And I thought that taking the train would be a very New York thing to do (i.e. cool). And at its most basic level, Boys Love Trains.

I drove 2 miles to the Glendale Train Station and got on the Metrolink train. $4.75. A bit pricey, but the train was very smooth and clean, and in 12 minutes I was in Union Station. I got on the subway Red Line and tranferred to the Blue line, which left me off 2 blocks from the courthouse. Waited in line for 45 minutes, paid $10 processing fee, and the nightmare was over.

Instead of going back to Glendale, I decided to take the Subway all the way up to Universal City. It's about a 20 minute ride, very clean. I got back on the surface, waited 5 minutes for a bus which stopped about 1/2 block from my office. I left my house at 7:30 this morning, was at work by 10:15. Not bad at all, and I got to ride lots of trains.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
|

Permanent link

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com