Wednesday, December 04, 2002


You have no idea how annoyed I am right now.

Today I heard about a new cable channel called "Trio" which is doing a month-long stunt called "Brilliant But Cancelled". They are airing old TV shows which got rave reviews but short life-spans. Included in the list are two of my favorite cult-worthy shows: Action!, a comedy starring Jay Mohr as a ruthless movie producer, and "Profit", a very dark drama about a murderous corporate executive. I was very excited to see both shows again, and was willing to pay a few bucks if I needed to add it to my channel line-up.

As it turns out, I already get Trio on DirecTV. This is my lucky day! Or so I thought, until I actually turned on Trio.

They have, by far, the most annoying, obnoxious, intrusive channel branding I have ever seen. The giant red ball that screams TRIO! isn't enough for them; the colored lines on the bottom of the screen strobe back and forth... over and over... changing colors, lengths, positions, throughout the entire show. I get transfixed by them: why won't they stop? Please make them stop. Make them go away. Please? I can't take them anymore. The only way to make them stop is to change the channel. So I'd switch over to UPN for a while and then come back, thinking that maybe if they knew I wasn't watching, they wouldn't bother to keep dancing all the time. But No! They are omni-present, forever taunting me. I wound up strapping some duct tape to the bottom of the screen. It actually works pretty well:cheap, instant letterbox. I'm sending the pictures to Trio.


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
|

Permanent link

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com