Sunday, December 15, 2002


STOP. DO NOT CONTINUE READING UNTIL YOU SEE THURSDAY'S ENTRY, RIGHT BELOW THIS ONE.

OK, so you know the story about me being pulled over Wednesday night on the way to the Peter Gabriel concert. Well, as fate would have it on Thursday night I was with my other accomplice DJ and I got pulled over AGAIN in Altadena. This time, I was a little more prepared. The cop came up to my window, and before he could say "license & registration" I just jumped right in: "is this about the expired registration? Yeah, I just got a ticket for it last night and I'm taking care of it." I threw out most of the glove-compartment junk after Wednesday's ordeal, so without blinking I just reached in there again and pulled out the ticket. He went back to his car to do the mandatory running-of-the-plates. DJ was amazed at how bright the spotlight was shining on the car, and kept pointing at the windshield to show how much was light was being reflected back into the car. I had to stop him, because if we draw too much attention to the windshield the cop might notice that where my rear-view mirror is supposed to be, there is no rear-view mirror. We got away scott-free, no ticket.

I've been driving around with expired plates for 6 months. Then in one week, I get busted for it 3 times. Maybe it's a sign. Maybe I should do something about it.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
|

Permanent link

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com