Tuesday, November 26, 2002


The Wonder of it all

I'm sick.

When I first moved to L.A., I tried to explain to people that the Wonder bread out here tastes different than Wonder bread back east. They mocked me. They said that Wonder bread is Wonder bread, no matter where you get it. Not true. You have to be careful where you get your Wonder bread. After the Doo Dah parade, my quirky friend DJ and I stopped by a "grocery store" and picked up some bread for sandwiches. It wasn't a chain store, but rather a small shop where they probably wash the floor twice a year whether it needs it or not. We bought Wonder bread and baloney. The sandwhich tasted a little funny, but I thought it was the baloney.

On Monday, I made a cheese sandwhich for lunch, and something wasn't right with it either. I started feeling worse throughout the afternoon, and had to cancel some post-shopping dinner plans with friends that evening.

Suffice it to say, I made many trips to the bathroom last night. By the time I woke up, I was aching all over. I was decoming dehydrated; my joints were killing me and my lips were splitting open. I stayed home from work.

My ex-boss was going to New York for Thanksgiving, and I am taking care of his 2 dogs. At around 2:00, I left home to drive the 25-30 miles to give the puppies some kibbles. That's a long drive when you get stuck on the 405. It's even longer when your stomach is doing things it isn't supposed to be doing. It took me about 2 hours round-trip to take care of the dogs. Around 7:00, my ex-boss called me:

"Did you feed the dogs today?"
"Yes."
"Did you know that I'm not leaving until tomorrow?"
#%$@!

It's about 10:30 now, and although my stomach is feeling a little better my body is still aching. Tomorrow is a half-day at work, so I'm hoping I can make it through.


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
|

Permanent link

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com