Wednesday, November 06, 2002


Election Day

Yesterday, I enjoyed one of the greatest freedoms of living in the United State of America. I exercised my right not to vote. What a wonderful feeling to not have to worry about government agents forcing me to choose between a bunch of losers. How comforting to know that I will not be fined for allowing my neighbors to make decisions on my behalf.

And to all you blowhards who like preaching "if you don't vote then you have no right to complain": EXCUSE ME?! How dare you threaten my freedom of speech. Last time I checked, my right to protest, complain, whine or nitpick was not contigent upon how much money I make, the color of my skin or whether or not I voted in the last election. In fact, some of you should be glad I didn't vote because maybe my choices would have been different from yours and you'd be complaining about how stupid I was for voting a certain way. What many of you are REALLY saying is "if you didn't vote the same way I did then you have no right to complain." Get off of your self-righteous high-horses.




Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
|

Permanent link

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com