Tuesday, July 09, 2002


15 Minutes

This weekend I saw the Andy Warhol exhibit at the Museum Of Contemporary Art in downtown Los Angeles. It's a great way to spend $10. Unfortunately, the tickets were $17. Mr. Burns basically shares my view of art: "I'm no critic, but I know what I hate. And I don't hate this." I'm not a big fan of Warhol, but I get what he's saying. My big gripe about galleries is that just because an artist makes something, that doesn't mean it's art. I'm convinced that half of the works in your typical artst gallery were never meant to be displayed. The artist was basically experimenting or just plain doodling, but because the paper was touched by Warhol or Picasso or Dali, suddenly it's stuck in an $8000 frame and high-society wanna-bes try to analyze it for it's deconstuctionist content.

Sometimes a Campbell's Soup can is just a Campbell's Soup can.


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
|

Permanent link

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com