Friday, June 28, 2002


Toothbrush Technology

I went to the dentist today. I have good teeth- I had my one and only cavity when I was 25 - but I am an "aggressive" brusher and the hygenist was trying to sell me on the idea of switching to an electric toothbrush.

There are many areas of science where mankind can still make great leaps of discovery- faster computers, more efficient batteries, DNA sequencing. But I think we pretty much have gone as far as we can in terms of Toothbrush Technology. After 10,000 years of progress, I think it's safe to say we have perfected the toothbrush. Yet every 6 months, Oral-B needs to come up with some new "breakthrough": Angled handle! Multi-tiered bristles! Pivoting head! It's a freaking toothbrush. If you brush, you'll have good teeth. If you don't, you won't. Simple. We don't need an army of toothbrush engineers researching Toothbrush v.10.4

So no, I will not be buying an electric toothbrush.

Colors are a different matter. Everyone knows that blue handles work better than red ones. And the translucent ones work best.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
|

Permanent link

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com